We work with some of the best, most passionate and talented individuals in the industry and we're always on the lookout for new talent. Could that be you? Check out our latest positions at the Australian Design Centre.
Communications and Development Manager
We’re searching for a dynamic, friendly, and highly skilled fundraising and communications professional to work across all communications channels to share the stories of Australian contemporary craft and design.
Australian Design Centre is Australia’s leading centre for contemporary craft and design. We play a critical role in building a significant design culture for Australia. Since first opening our doors in 1964 we have played a vital role in showcasing designers who embrace the highest degree of craftsmanship and who continually explore material, process and ideas to advance contemporary design practice.
This full-time role is based in Darlinghurst, Sydney. We need a person that can create rich two-way dialogue with those who want to stay connected to us. Someone, who will facilitate conversations and unearth knowledge that will be used to enliven our offerings. A people person who loves to connect and who can handle a broad range of diverse tasks.
You’re a born doer. You’re a creative thinker but you mean business. You are a passionate storyteller and know the power of connecting with communities. As an established fundraising professional, you are well connected, love finding what motivates people and never say no to a challenge.
Being digitally savvy and analytical you can translate audience desires into meaningful experiences that deliver vision and strategy. For you, this means a new level of coherence across all digital and marketing activity from exhibitions, public programs and learning to events that deliver on our strategic aims. You don’t present problems; instead you are a solution provider. You’re hungry for any opportunity to explore new territory and can’t wait to unpack new marketing trends and innovative ideas, finding the best ways to communicate with our audiences and the world.
Skills and experience:
- Five years + relevant experience in a similar industry or role.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing effective fundraising including stakeholder engagement and/or corporate partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, delivering and driving marketing and communication campaigns with strong results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships with external agencies including web designers and producers, business partners, and touring venues to deliver campaigns and objectives.
- Excellent computer and digital management skills including CRM and Microsoft Office suite. Demonstrated knowledge of digital project analysis and campaigns using Google Analytics and other measuring tools. Experience across social media content delivery platforms, scheduling and analysis.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving and proactive approaches to projects. Ability to think strategically and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite would be advantageous.
- Keen interest in craft, design, culture and industry development.
Reporting directly to the CEO this is your opportunity to join an influential cultural organisation at an exciting time. The team are passionate, supportive and hardworking.
We pursue a workforce that is as diverse as our community - in race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality, neurodiversity, culture and belief - and reflects the communities we work with.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, and people of diverse genders and/or sexual orientations.
Please submit a current resume and one-page cover letter that addresses the skills and experience relevant to the role. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 17 March 2023.
For more information please contact ADC CEO and Artistic Director Lisa Cahill on email@example.com.
We’re really looking forward to hearing from you!
Images: ADC external. Photo: Simon Cardwell.