Entries are now open for MAKE AWard: Biennial Prize for Innovation in Australian Craft and Design, a new national award for Australian designer/makers.
The winner of the MAKE AWARD will receive a cash prize of $35,000 with a second prize of $10,000, making it the richest non-acquisitive prize for craft and design in Australia.
The MAKE AWARD is open to designer/makers working across all related disciplines including ceramics, glass, furniture/woodwork, metalwork, textiles and fibre, and jewellery.
Entries are encouraged from designer/makers with a high level of skill either working with materials that are new to their practice or working in new and innovative ways.
Entries open: 8 March 2023
Entries close: 9 June 2023
Finalists notified: 11 August 2023
Exhibition dates: 28 September – 22 November 2023
Tour Dates: Coming soon
- The MAKE AWARD is free to enter.
- Entry is open to Australian designer/makers.
- Work must be created within 18 months of entry date.
- Work must not have been exhibited elsewhere in an exhibition context.
- Work should demonstrate innovation in material use or technique that is an extension of designer/maker's usual practice.
Read the full MAKE AWARD Terms and Conditions